Coconut products (coconut meat, coconut butter, coconut cream) have many healthy properties like:
– Improve blood glucose usage and add in managing the symptoms of hypoglycemia;
– Improve digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and amino acids, speed up metabolism;
– Help in the natural fight against excessive expansion of bacteria, viruses and fungi (except for herpes) because of the antifungal and antimicrobial saturated fatty acids they contain;
– Improve absorption of calcium, potassium and magnesium;
– Contain anti-oxidants;
– Help in the more effective use of essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6);
– Help in the balance and healthy production of hormones and many others.
Coconut butter is a saturated fat, composed mainly of middle chained fatty acids (MCFA). Coconut “delivers” more and faster energy than many other sources. It is recommended in people who suffer from bad digestion, especially liver and gallbladder problems. You can add organic coconut filings or coconut pieces in your cereal breakfasts in the morning or just in combination with different types of yoghurt. Coconut water can be taken alone or in combination with others freshly squeezed juices. It has sweetish taste, sometimes a salty tinge is slightly felt. Coconut meat which is already hard (it is gel in the young coconut) can be grated and used in desserts and candies.