The summer and the heat are already here and will put to additional test our hair, skin and nails. Women usually spend piles of money on products and dermatological and cosmetic procedures with which to care for their hair and skin.
Most of them do not realize that actually the results they strive for are caused by improper lifestyle. Alcohol, smoking, the lack of enough sleep, stress and the cosmetic products full of chemicals are of great importance for the condition of the skin.
The food you consume may be a powerful tool for improvement of the appearance.
Do not choose the foods on the basis of how much calories they contain and how they will affect your weight. More important is to learn to look on them as means by which you may improve your health and the appearance of your hair, skin and nails at the same time. The body nourishment starts predominantly from inside with the help of the right food.
We are what we eat and the healthy nutrition keeps the skin in the best form and has the potential to solve specific skin problems.
1. The orange-red vegetables contain a lot of beta carotene, lycopene and other vegetable pigments which give a beautiful and healthy skin tan. Carrots, squash, apricots, tomatoes and red pepper cope in the best way with this task. It is important to know that our body produces retinol from the carotenes which is main ingredient of many “revolutionary” anti-wrinkle creams.
2. The blueberries are considered one of the richest in anti-oxidants fruits, that’s why we should not neglect them. The anti-oxidants, as resveratrol is, protect us from premature aging, so add half a cup of blueberries or other small berries to your yoghurt or cereal breakfast.
3. Nuts. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which has similar effect as the antioxidants. It fights against the free radicals, which make the skin age, and also keeps the skin hydrated for longer. Walnuts are rich in nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. We will enjoy a smoother skin and stronger hair and bones with their help.
4. Selenium-containing products. Selenium also is a powerful antioxidant and in combination with vitamin E affects acne extremely well. A Swedish study shows that if you take selenium and vitamin E for 12-14 weeks, the skin is significantly cleared from acne. Wheat germ, tuna, salmon, garlic and eggs are the richest in selenium.
5. Water. The people who are enough hydrated are few. Water hydrates the skin, stops the wrinkles formation and erases the scars which often appear after pustules.
Here are a few tips that will help you stay hydrated:
– Drink water throughout the day;
– Drink smoothies from fresh fruits and vegetables, which are hydrating and contain many enzymes and nutrients;
– Consume lots of raw foods in which there is larger amount of water, as well as salads containing many brightly colored vegetables;
– Avoid caffeine and alcohol, which dehydrate;
Vital for beautiful skin are the sleep regimen, stress and last but no least – if you smoke and drink alcohol.
People who smoke should include additional vitamin C in their menu in the form of natural products or supplements. To enjoy a healthy and shiny hair it is extremely important to obtain sufficient amount of zinc, vitamins from the B group and iron.
You may intake Vitamin B12 and folic acid with spinach, eggs, orange fresh, liver and milk.
If your hair is falling out, this may be a sign that your organism lacks iron. If you are not sure in the iron level in your body it is good to bet on natural products, from which to obtain it as you risk exceeding the necessary amount for your organism with the supplements.
You can obtain iron from red meat, blueberries, dried apricots or raw cashew. The lack of zinc may be the reason your hair to be dry and thin.